- Discover the country’s Founding Fathers on a stroll through Philly’s Historic District and Old City District
- Enjoy a refreshing craft beer or soft drink at a local establishment
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
- Upgrade your tour to include a beer tour and tasting
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Walk through the Old City district of Philadelphia, where William Penn and the Quakers first settled. It’s also home to Elfreth’s Alley, America's oldest continuously inhabited residential street. Experience its art and design, with more than 55 galleries and home décor showrooms; plus over 80 restaurants and shops.
Visit Christ Church, where the Founding Fathers worshiped, then stop at a local café and purchase a quick bite or beverage.
Walk through the Historic District and Franklin Court (where Ben Franklin used to live) and then to Independence Mall, a three-block section of the Independence National Historical Park, as well as the National Constitution Center and the U.S. Mint.
Visit the home of George Washington and John Adams back when Philadelphia served as the nation's capital. See the Curtis Center, one of Philadelphia's historical spaces for its famous Tiffany mosaic.
Learn more about William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania, at Washington Square. Visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a monument dedicated to American service members who have died without their remains being identified. Walk and learn—through Independence National Park and see Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence was signed. Please note this tour does not enter Independence Hall.
Finally, back in Old City, unwind with the group over a cold beer or beverage at one of the district’s best local establishments—a perfect ending to a perfect tour or upgrade your tour and join us for a historical beer tour to learn about how beer and various pubs played a role in shaping our nation's history.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended
- Entrance into buildings/sites are on a time and queue permitting basis
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- This tour does not go inside Christ Church on the 5:30 pm departure. We will view it from the outside
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Some churches may not be open to us on a Sunday.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Urban Adventures - USA
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms