- 3-hour walking tour of Paris' Bastille district
- Learn about the area's important role in the French Revolution
- Discover gourmet shops, galleries and boutiques down Rue d'Aligre and Rue de la Roquette and throughout the Viaduc des Arts
- Stroll the tree-lined Promenade Plantée, an elevated walkway that inspired New York City's famous High Line
- Explore vibrant food markets including the Marché d'Aligre
- Sample French fare at local eateries that line your route
- Small-group tour limited to eight ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointParis, Paris, Ile-de-France
Departure Point: Near the Opéra Bastille, central Paris Address: Place de la Bastille, 75012 Paris Directions: Meet your guide outside the Opera de Bastille, towards the right-hand side of the steps as you face the opera house. The closest metro station is Bastille (lines 1, 5 and 8). Dates: Tuesday to Friday Return point: Near Gare de Lyon, central Paris
Return DetailsGare de Lyon, 75012 Paris, France
What To Expect
First, take in the iconic Place de la Bastille, where Parisian peasants began a revolt against the king during the French Revolution in the late 18th century. Then, head onward with your guide to the Port de l’Arsenal, where the Canal St-Martin meets the Seine River. Listen as your guide explains the role the waterway played during the Revolution and delve into the gourmet shops on Rue d'Aligre.
Continue on to the Viaduc des Arts — a modern recreation of an old Paris viaduct — and admire the grand archways spanning its length. Climb up on top of the viaduct and discover the enchanting, elevated walkway of the tree-lined Promenade Plantée. This walking route runs along the old train line, and is sure to be a highlight of your tour! Along the way, stop off at a few local eateries to sample traditional French fare; three food tastings and one drink per person are included.
Finish your walking tour among the Bastile district’s traditional food markets. Admire the fruit and vegetables, fine wines, fresh artisan bread, and strong, ripe cheeses on display and soak up the atmosphere in this buzzing corner of the capital.
After three hours exploring the highways and byways of Paris’ famous Bastille area, your tour will conclude near the Gare de Lyon in central Paris.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY A Journey in Paris
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Bastille District: Food Tasting, Promenade Plantée and Viaduc des Arts Walking Tour.