- 2-hour Art Nouveau walking tour of Paris’ 8th and 9th arrondissements
- Admire the stately Art Nouveau architecture of Gare St Lazare, Galeries Lafayette and Palais Garnier
- Take in the grandeur of Boulevard Haussmann with a knowledgeable guide
- Gain insight into the architectural styles and influences that helped shape modern Paris
- Enjoy a drink at a Parisian brasserie
- Small-group tour limited to eight ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointParis, Paris, Ile-de-France
Departure Point: Gare St Lazare, central Paris Address: Rue de Rome, 75008 Paris Directions: Meet your guide next to the glass dome in Cour de Rome, outside Saint Lazare station. The closest metro station is Saint Lazare (lines 3, 12, 13 and 14) Dates: Tuesday to Friday Return point: Concludes on Boulevard Haussmann
Return DetailsPalais Garnier, Opéra Garnier, 8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France
What To Expect
Head to bustling Boulevard Haussmann in the 9th arrondissement and admire the imposing facade of the Galeries Lafayette — widely considered Paris’ finest department store. Listen as your guide describes the architectural fashions which shaped this imposing building, then step inside to be wowed by the towering stained-glass dome ceiling and gilded balconies.
Continue onward to the Palais Garnier — Paris’ world-famous opera house — and marvel at the building’s spectacular structure and ornate stonework. Built in the late 19th-century, the Palais Garnier is considered as much a symbol of Paris as the Eiffel Tower or Notre Dame Cathedral and its beauty continues to captivate visitors to this day.
Visit a traditional Parisian brasserie during your tour and admire the spectacular Art Nouveau architecture as you enjoy your drink. Then, head back out into the bustling city. After two hours admiring Art Nouveau architecture in Paris’ 8th and 9th arrondissements, your tour concludes on Boulevard Haussmann.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY A Journey in Paris
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Art Nouveau Walking Tour in Paris.