- Uncover lush rainforest, waterfalls and archeological sites on this full-day Papeete jeep safari tour
- Explore the inner-island of Papeete and learn about the fauna and flora of the region
- Informative and friendly guide
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note that for tours/transfers on Mondays and Week-End days, bookings must be made at the latest 72hours before.
If not, the tour/transfer may not be available due to process delay.
Pick up from Cruise Port available ( please advise the name of the cruise ship)
**LUGGAGE IS NOT PERMITTED ON TOUR**
What To Expect
Make your first stop at Mount Marau, a former 19th-century French fortress. Treat yourself to a gorgeous vista of the lush, rainforest-clad Punaruu Valley and snap photos of the island's highest peaks: Orohena, Aorai, Tetufera and Teamaa.
Your tour continues to the Arahoho Blowhole, an unmarked roadside attraction created over eons by liquid lava, when battering surf undercut the basalt shoreline and eroded a tunnel-like passageway. When large waves crash into the rocks, watch in awe as a geyser-like plume of seawater shoots into the air and sprays onlookers.
Check out the local surfers and the black-sand beach before re-boarding the Jeep. You’ll enter to the Faaurumai Valley near Tahiti’s north coast to visit the three waterfalls of the Cascades of Faarumai — nestled in nearly impenetrable rainforest of hutu and mape trees. It’s an easy 5-minute walk to Vaimahutu Falls, which plunges 100 feet (30 meters) into a crystal-clear pool below.
Follow your guide along a 20-minute rainforest walk to reach the other two cascades, Haamaremare Iti and Haamaremare Rahi, and spend time at the final waterfall with a refreshing swim if you’d like. Back in your 4WD vehicle, make the return trip to Papeete where your full-day tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- What to bring: hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, comfortable walking shoes and towel
- Maximum tour size: 38 people
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 38 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tahiti Nui Travel
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Papeete Inner Island Full-Day Jeep Safari.