Explore our promoted experiences
- 4-hour Oxford City and Countryside small-group bike tour
- Admire Oxford landmarks such as the Bodleian Library, Christchurch Cathedral, and the Radcliffe Camera
- Explore the countryside around Oxford as you cycle along the River Thames Path
- Experience local life in Iffley, Binsey, or Old Marston villages
- Easy to moderate level tour suitable for participants of reasonable fitness
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meet your guide wearing red lanyard OUTSIDE the currently empty shop premises at 15 Broad street. This is located next to the Oxfam shop, 17 Broad street, OX1 3AS
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- AVAILABLE TO BOOK FOR 3 PERSONS+ ONLY ON SATURDAYS ONLY AT 12.30
- Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Our marginally higher ticket price reflects the special quality of typically having smaller groups than our competitors. Average numbers are just 2-4 persons per tour.
- Depending on actual circumstances on the day, the guide will decide whether or not to lead the whole of this tour on bicycles for 3 hours or if to offer a 2 hours-2 half bike tour plus a 90 minutes walking tour of city centre. This decision will be made at the start of the tour by the guide.
- This tour may all be conducted on bicycle or it may be combination of cycling and a walking tour into colleges in city centre.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. We only have limited stock of bikes for children, so please book ahead!
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking.
- Please note: we only stock bikes for customers measuring from 1.4m (4ft6) to 1.9m (6ft3). So if you require a bike for any other height, a tour cannot be guaranteed, but if you provide adequate advance notice of at least 24 hours, we will try to hire a bike to fit you, according to the bike description you request. This will however cost an additional fee to hire in.
- Special notices for parents with children- please see notices already mentioned above in inclusions and exclusions!
- These tours are not really aimed at younger children (unless you are using your own bikes with child seat or tandem bikes of your own). Please note that parents with young children who bring their own children's bikes, we will not charge you any fee for children aged 0-12.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Get to see all of the characteristic places in Oxford with an accomodating guide who will tailor the tour to your preferences!" See review