Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Experience the historical treasures of Japan’s former capitals with a professional English-speaking guide
- Visit Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion and Kyoto Imperial Palace in Kyoto
- View Kasuga Shrine and Todai-ji Temple in Nara
- Enjoy a typical Japanese lunch and find souvenirs at Nara Nagomikan
- Travel by coach, JR Rail and Kintetsu Rail
Departure & Return
Departure time:7:25a.m. Meeting point: Lobby Lounge on the 1st Floor (*Not 19th Floor)
Osaka Namba Station
What To Expect
After your tour, venture to the nearby Kinkaku-ji Temple to absorb the sacred ambience of the Buddhist temple; stroll through one of the world’s most exquisite Japanese gardens and gaze at the glimmering gold façade of the Golden Pavilion. Next, visit Kyoto Imperial Palace, a splendid structure that characterizes the pure and simple Japanese style. Follow your guide through the opulent chambers of the palace and hear about the extravagant emperor who used to reside here. If the Palace is closed, visit the famous shrine of Kitano instead.
Revitalize with a flavorsome and fulfilling Japanese and western-style buffet lunch then make your way to Nara, a city shrouded in legend and thronged with significant sites. Head first to Todai-ji Temple, an ancient 8th-century structure that houses some of Japan’s national treasures, and gaze at 3,000 antique bronze and stone lanterns.
The last stop is to visit Nara Nagomikan, an enormous souvenir shop replete with sweets, exclusive goods and artisan treats. After purchasing some bespoke treats, you'll be transferred to Kintetsu Nara Station and say goodbye to your guide at the station. You'll make your own back from Kintetsu Nara Station to Osaka Namba Station (non-reserved seat) where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event).
- The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on January 25 and October 25,2021.
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
- Participants will walk from the parking lot to Todai-ji Temple (about 15 min one-way).
- At Kasuga Taisha Shrine, the tour does not include entrance to areas requiring admission.
- Nara Nagomikan may be omitted from the itinerary if it is closed on the day of the tour, or as a result of traffic congestion.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Depending on the number of participants, JR train or a bus may be used for the trip from Osaka to Kyoto, and Kintetsu train or a bus may be used from Nara to Osaka. Please note that seating is non-reserved for the trip from Osaka to Kyoto and the trip from Nara to Osaka if using public transportation. Please note that seating is not guaranteed.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- A set menu meal will be served for lunch. For those who would like a vegetarian meal, please make sure to inform us at the time of reservation. If requests are not provided in advance, same-day changes cannot be accepted. Halal, gluten-free, and other meal requests are not available.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Kyoto and Nara 1 Day Trip - Golden Pavilion and Todai-ji Temple from Osaka.