- Explore traditional Kyoto and Nara during a day trip from the center of Kyoto or Osaka
- Marvel at Kyoto sights like the Arashiyama district and Kinkaku-ji temple
- Optional upgrade with choice of buffet or Beef Shabu Shabu set lunch
- No need to organize coach transport and schedule; entrance fee included
Departure & Return
Depart form Hearton Hotel Nishi-Umeda at 08:30 (Please come at least 10 minutes before the departure time) Please look for the yellow sign "LIMON" at pickup point.
Depart from Osaka Namba OCAT Meeting time: 8:50 am Departure time 09:00 am Please look for the yellow sign "LIMON" at pickup point.
Depart from Nippombashi, in front of Udon Restaurant "Tsurutontan Soemoncho" at 08:35 am (Please come at least 10 minutes before the departure time) Please look for the yellow sign "LIMON" at pickup point.
Depart from JR Kyoto Station Meeting point: 1st Floor Central Exit, near Nippon Travel Agency Meeting time: 9:05 am Tour will leave there at 9:15 am and ride a train to Arashiyama. Please look for the yellow sign "LIMON" at pickup point.
Drop-Off for participants from Umeda, Namba Ocat, or Nippombashi
Drop-Off for participants from Kyoto
What To Expect
Begin your exploration of this UNESCO-recognized capital of Japanese culture in the city’s Arashiyama district. Visitors who arrive in this striking area in April will be treated to the visual feast of blooming cherry blossom trees, while those who arrive in November are likely to experience the area’s fiery fall colors. During the summer months you’ll be able to observe locals participating in cormorant fishing. Another pleasant option for your time in Arashiyama is the Sagano Bamboo Forest, where you can enjoy a 328-foot (100-meter) walk along the edge of Tenryuji temple.
Take a break around mid-day for lunch. Guests who have paid for the lunch option will enjoy either a set or a buffet featuring more than 60 different Kyoto dishes or Beef Shabu Shabu. Following your meal, continue to Kinkaku-ji temple (Temple of the Golden Pavilion) where you can admire this elegant complex’s collection of serene gardens and neatly-manicured grounds and learn about its construction by Ashikaga Shogun Yoshimitsu.
Leaving Kinkaku-ji, continue to Nara and proceed to Nara Park, a preserve known for the 1,200 wild deer that freely roam its grounds. Visitors can purchase “senbei” snacks to feed the animals for 150 Yen per stack. Following your trip to Nara Park, you’ll return by bus to your original departure point in Namba. The participants from JR Kyoto Station return to Kyoto from Nara by train on your own (about 45 - 50 minute-ride). Your guide will explain how to get to Kintetsu Nara Station, and provide a train ticket to Kyoto Station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Only collapsible strollers are acceptable. They will be put in the luggage space while on the bus.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- [IMPORTANT] The bus will leave as scheduled and will not wait for late arrivals. Please be on time.
- Meeting Time at Kyoto Station: 9:05 AM, you will take a train for Arashiyama with your guide.
- Meeting Time at Umeda, Hearton Hotel Nishi-Umeda: 8:20 AM
- Meeting Time at Nippombashi (in front of Tsurutontan Soemoncho Udon Restaurant: 8:25 AM
- Meeting Time at Namba OCAT: 8:50 AM
- [IMPORTANT] Umeda, Nippombashi, Namba Dep: Drop off point is at Namba.
- [IMPORTANT] Kyoto Dep: End point is at Kyoto station. You return by train on your own from Nara. Tour guide will not accompany you to Kyoto Station.
- Emergency call center available from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm everyday
- Beef Shabu-Shabu or Buffet lunch (if meal is selected; vegetarian option available upon request 3 days before departure at the latest)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- OPERATED BY LIMON Tours -DMC Japan
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Day Trip by Bus to Kyoto and Nara from Osaka/Kyoto.