Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Visit a historic Kyoto district and UNESCO-listed Kinkaku-ji (entrance fee included)
- Stroll through Nara Park and shop at Kobe MOSAIC
- Choose from various meal add-ons for lunch and/or dinner
Departure & Return
Depart from Kyoto Station Meeting point: 1st Floor Central Exit, near Nippon Travel Agency Meeting time: 9:05 am Tour will leave there at 9:15 am and ride a train to Arashiyama. Please look for the yellow sign "LIMON" at pickup point.
Depart from Hearton Hotel Nishi-Umeda Meeting time: 8:20 am Departure time 08:30 am Please look for the yellow sign "LIMON" at pickup point.
Depart from Nippombashi, in front of Udon Restaurant "Tsurutontan Soemoncho" Meeting time: 8:25 am Departure time 08:35 am Please look for the yellow sign "LIMON" at pickup point.
Depart from Osaka Namba OCAT Meeting time: 8:50 am Departure time 09:00 am Please look for the yellow sign "LIMON" at pickup point.
What To Expect
If you’re visiting in the fall, autumn leaves are a highlight, and you can visit the Tenryuji Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site near the Sagano Bamboo Forest. You can visit a local restaurant for lunch, before continuing to the Kinkakuji Temple, a pagoda built to house sacred Buddha relics.
Spend the afternoon touring Nara Park and Todai-ji temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that was once one of the Seven Great Temples. See the largest Buddha statue in Japan, and spot some of the wild deer that live within the park.
Pause for dinner and shopping at the Kobe MOSAIC, a shopping mall in the city’s port, with roughly 80 shops and restaurants—and a Ferris wheel that’s perfect for nighttime views of the city. Select the option to dine on beef, pork, or chicken shabu-shabu, a kind of traditional hotpot, alongside vegetables, soft drinks, and ice cream.
After dinner, begin the return trip to Osaka, where this tour concludes with drop-off by the Namba OCAT or the Hearton Hotel Nishi in Umeda.
The participants from JR Kyoto Station, after getting off the bus in Osaka, return to JR Kyoto Station by train on your own. Your guide will accompany you to JR Osaka Station and provide a train ticket.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant (0-2 years old) is free (no seat and no meal)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please note: tour guide will manage the meeting time of each location as well as the amount of time spent at each location
- Please note: the bus will leave as scheduled and will not wait for late arrivals. Please be on time.
- Meeting Time at Kyoto Station: 9:05 AM
- Meeting Time at Umeda, Hearton Hotel Nishi-Umeda: 8:20 AM
- Meeting Time at Nippombashi (in front of Tsurutontan Soemoncho Udon Restaurant: 8:25 AM, Drop off at Namba
- Meeting Time at Namba, OCAT: 8:50 AM
- Emergency call center available from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm everyday
- Only collapsible strollers are acceptable. They will be put in the luggage space while on the bus.
- Lunch: Beef Shabu-Shabu or Buffet lunch (if meal is selected; vegetarian option available upon request 3 days before departure at the latest)
- [IMPORTANT] Nippombashi Dep: Drop off point is at Namba.
- [IMPORTANT] Kyoto Dep: End point is at Kyoto station. You return by train on your own after getting off the bus in Osaka. Your guide will accompany you to Osaka Station and provide a train ticket.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- OPERATED BY LIMON Tours -DMC Japan
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If you have only one day in Osaka, then this tour is the one to take." See review