- 1- or 2-hour surfing lesson at Ala Moana Beach, from Waikiki
- Learn to surf while visiting Hawaii, where the sport originated
- Practice paddling and popping up on the beach before entering the ocean
- Surf some waves while your instructor coaches you in the water
- Soak up fantastic views down the coast to Diamond Head more than 20 miles away
- Choose to take a small-group lesson limited to four people per instructor or a private one-on-one lesson
- Includes round-trip transport from Waikiki
Departure & Return
What To Expect
The surfing portion begins on the sand, where you’ll learn the proper spot to lay on the board and how to efficiently paddle, as well as the basic etiquette of surfing and how to duck under the waves. You’ll practice beginner techniques on land, and also learn how the history of surfing has roots right here on Oahu. Having run through the basics up on the sand, grab your board, strap on your leash, and begin paddling out towards waves that gently roll towards the shore. Your instructor will be there right by your side helping push you into the waves, and will offer tips for how to stand up, how to fall down and how to steer on the wave.
When your Oahu surfing lesson is finished, you’re transported back to your Waikiki hotel to rest your weary arms, and reflect on what you could do better next time — since you’ll definitely want to go again.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years for group bookings
- Minimum age is 5 years for private bookings
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Surf HNL
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff