Explore our promoted experiences
- 20-minute helicopter flight over Oahu
- Aerial views of Honolulu city skyline, Waikiki, Diamond Head, Punch Bowl Crater, and Pearl Harbor
- Opt to fly with doors on or off
- Guaranteed window seat
- Choice of departure times
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get a brief orientation from your pilot and choose whether you'd like to fly with the helicopter doors on or off. Fasten your seat belt and take off, flying over Honolulu Harbor and the South Shore of Oahu. Watch the people milling around in Honolulu's commercial district, far below, and see people relaxing on Magic Island and the white sand of Waikiki.
Get a bird's eye view (and stunning photo ops) of Diamond Head, the Punchbowl Crater, and the U.S. National Military Cemetery of the Pacific. Head for Pearl Harbor, where you'll get aerial views of the Battleship Missouri and the USS Arizona Memorial.
After the excitement of soaring above the island, your helicopter circles back to the Honolulu International Airport
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Safety of flight is our primary concern. The operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or appear to be intoxicated. Intoxicated passengers will not fly and they will be charged in full.
- For doors off tours, jackets and/or sweatshirts, closed toe shoes, and hair ties are required. Long pants are recommended.
- When booking the doors off experience, your seat may or may not be directly adjacent to an open door.
- Only passengers weighing 80 lbs or more may fly with the door off in our Robinson R44 helicopter. Only passengers weighing 100 lbs or more may fly with the door off in our Airbus Astar helicopter.
- All passengers 24 months and older must purchase a full fare seat.
- For each guest weighing 260 pounds or more, a weight and balance fee is required to safely balance the aircraft. For guests weighing between 260-279 lbs, a fee in the amount of 50% of the seat price will be assessed after booking. For guests weighing 280 lbs or higher, an additional seat purchase will be assessed after booking.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rainbow Helicopters
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms