Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Walking tour of historical Newcastle with a local guide
- Learn about the city from its roots to present day Newcastle
- Hear the history and stories behind the vibrant Bigg Market
- Admire landmarks such as St. Nicholas Cathedral and the Black Gate
- Select a tour start time that suits your schedule
Departure & Return
We meet at the Black Gate - part of Newcastle's Castle. Your guide will be standing on the bridge leading into the Black Gate. We will send a text message fifteen minutes before your tour to confirm your attendance. Please call if you cannot find your guide.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Clothing suitable for all weather conditions and sensible walking shoes are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We require a contact Mobile/cell phone for all customers to contact you on the day of your tour. This will ensure we can inform you of changes to meeting point or other information prior to your tour.
- For customers joining us from cruises from the Port of Tyne please use the Metro System and take the metro to the 'Monument' metro stop, this is where the tour begins.
- Please contact us about any disabilities your group may have. We are able to customise tours for wheelchair and vision impairment
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Due to COVID-19 we ask all customers to maintain social distancing as per the United Kingdom Government guidelines
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Iles Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Old Newcastle Walking Tour - One Hour Tour.