Explore our promoted experiences
- Food walking tour of New York's West Village neighborhood
- Learn about the West Village's artistic legacy, and see where Bob Dylan once lived
- Skip the lines and sample pizza, bagels, and cannolis at six popular eateries
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated if mentioned at checkout
Departure & Return
Meeting at 201 Bleecker Street (outside in front of Porto Rico Importing Co)
What To Expect
Stop in at six renowned local eateries to sample their finest fare, including Hudson Bagels and Mauman’s Falafel — the city’s oldest falafel joint. Get a taste of New York’s Italian heritage with cheesy pizza, housemade salami at Faicco's Italian Specialties, and creamy cannoli at Pasticceria Bruno, which was a champion on Food Network Challenge: Sugar Adventures. Combined, the tastings make up a satisfying sampler lunch.
As you make your way from stop to stop, learn the bohemian history of this unique neighborhood that was once home to musicians including Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, and Jimi Hendrix, and Beat writers Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac. Your guide will point out their former homes and hangouts, as well as the apartment of fictional chef Monica from Friends. After walking around 2.5 miles (4 km), say farewell to your group and your guide at La Guardia Place near the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Tours run rain or shine
- Please advise of any specific dietary restrictions at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Per New York City regulations, you must show proof of vaccination for indoor dining. Some of our food tastings are done inside the food establishment. You must show proof of vaccination to take this food tour. Thank you for your understanding.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sidewalk Food Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms