Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy the lush marsh scenery and watch for native wildlife
- Hear entertaining facts and stories about the region from your guide
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people ensures a more personalized experience
- Transport to and from your New Orleans hotel included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please specify hotel at time of purchase. We pick up in New Orleans at any hotel, Bed & Breakfast or select Airbnbs, uptown (close to St. Charles Ave.), in (or close to) the French Quarter, and on the Westbank.
We do not pick up by the airport, in New Orleans East, in Slidell, or on the North Shore.
Supplier will contact you the day before your tour to give you an exact pick up time.
What To Expect
Upon arrival, take your seat on the airboat and hold on as the boat takes off for your tour. Enjoy close proximity to the water surface and warm breezes as you zip through secluded bayous, reaching speeds of up to 45 mph (72 kph). Spot alligators, snakes, beavers, and giant river rodents called nutria lurking in the waterways. Savor the moments of calm when the boat slows and your native captain shares stories about the area’s history and abundant wildlife.
Your bayou adventure ends with a return to your hotel by van, arriving in early afternoon or evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- In case of inclement weather, the tour may be shortened, postponed or replaced with a similar tour on a covered boat
- Sunglasses are recommended
- For parties of up to 14 who wish to not be split up, there are 14-passenger airboats available
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Due to the nature of the airboat, children under the age of 5, pregnant women, people with back or neck issues or recent surgeries are not allowed to participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours by Isabelle
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Bayou Airboat Ride with Transport from New Orleans.