Explore our promoted experiences
- Enjoy a fast, thrilling ride on tidewater cypress swampland near the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve
- See alligators, turtles, snakes, egrets, herons, ibis and other wildlife
- Choose from morning and afternoon departures on a small or large airboat
- Small-group tour limited to eight people (small airboats) or 25 people (large airboats) for a more interactive experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Upon arriving at the airboat launch site, board a large airboat holding 15 to 25 passengers or a small airboat limited to six to eight passengers. Hold on tight as you airboat takes off into the tidewater cypress swamp near Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve. Enjoy close proximity to the water from your seat in the flat‐bottomed airboat. As you zip through the bayou, check out signature cypress trees dripping with moss and massive tupelo‐gum tree rising straight from the water.
Depending on the season, you may spot alligators basking in sun on the shore or lurking in the water. Rest assured that the swamps are teeming with wildlife year‐round. Spot turtles, snakes, raccoons, nutria and many native birds – you may even spot a bald eagle!
Your airboat tour ends at the embarkation point. Before leaving this iconic Cajun town, pop into the local albino alligator exhibit or grab a delectable shrimp Po' boy to go (own expense). Then drive or board your coach back to New Orleans. Note: This tour does not include hotel pick‐up or drop‐off unless hotel pickup and drop‐off is selected at checkout. If you have selected hotel pickup and drop‐off please specify your hotel details at the time of checkout or advise the local operator directly after booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Reservations booked separately will not be guaranteed to be on the same boat
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
- OPERATED BY Airboat Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by New Orleans Airboat Ride.