1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Get a taste of 18th-century New Orleans while exploring its most notorious haunts aboard a mule-drawn carriage. Join a small group of no more than eight people for an intimate evening tour through the French Quarter, where rollicking nightlife conceals a past filled with dark deeds, natural disasters, and supernatural sightings. Hear the city's most salacious history from a guide as you clip-clop your way past iron-laced balconies, darkened alleys, and southern mansions steeped in legend.
- Eerie haunted history carriage tour of the French Quarter
- Explore one of America's most haunted neighborhoods at night
- Travel in vintage style aboard a covered mule-drawn carriage
- Listen to New Orleans history and ghost stories from an entertaining guide
- Pass by some of the oldest and most legendary bars and mansions in the French Quarter
- Small-group tour limited to eight people for a more intimate experience
Saved to wishlist!
Awarded 2018 Louisiana Attraction of the Year
1-hour mule-drawn carriage ride
Licensed professional guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
700 Decatur St , 700 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USAThis activity will end right where it started.
Meet at the Yellow Umbrella at Jackson Square
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- All tour participants must arrive 15 minutes early to the boarding location. Late arrivals will miss the tour and not be provided with a second opportunity to ride or a refund.
- This tour activity is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather such as flooding or lightning.
- Tours operate in favorable weather conditions, including rain. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Tickets prices apply to each passenger onboard the carriage, with the exception of infants or toddlers up to 3 years of age. All infants and toddlers must remain in the lap of their parent or guardian throughout the carriage tour.
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Royal Carriages
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during New Orleans Small-Group Haunted History Carriage Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during New Orleans Small-Group Haunted History Carriage Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- "I recommend arriving early and communicating well if you go with a family or small group as coordinators do not make attempts to seat groups together unless requested." See review
- "The tour started late and ended early and the tour was not worth the price." See review
- "If you are a regular visitor in the city, I’m not sure it’s worth the cost." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
New Orleans Small-Group Haunted History Carriage Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Horseback RidingUnique ExperiencesNature and WildlifeGhost & Vampire ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesUnique ExperiencesNew OrleansHorseback Riding - LouisianaUnique Experiences - LouisianaNature and Wildlife - LouisianaGhost & Vampire Tours - LouisianaHistorical Tours - LouisianaHorseback Riding - Orange BeachUnique Experiences - Orange BeachNature and Wildlife - Orange BeachGhost & Vampire Tours - Orange BeachHistorical Tours - Orange BeachHorseback Riding - DestinUnique Experiences - DestinNature and Wildlife - DestinGhost & Vampire Tours - DestinHistorical Tours - DestinCategory
New Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum Tours & TicketsFrenchmen Street Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Plantation Tours & TicketsNew Orleans School of Cooking Tours & TicketsLouisiana Children's Museum (LCM) Tours & TicketsOgden Museum of Southern Art Tours & TicketsLafayette Square Tours & TicketsHoumas House Tours & TicketsWhitney Plantation Museum Tours & TicketsAudubon Aquarium of the Americas Tours & TicketsLafayette Cemetery No. 1 Tours & TicketsSt. Louis Cemetery No. 1 Tours & TicketsBackstreet Cultural Museum Tours & TicketsNew Canal Lighthouse Tours & TicketsRoyal Street Tours & TicketsHotel Monteleone Tours & TicketsMusical Legends Park Tours & TicketsMississippi River Tours & TicketsOld U.S. Mint Tours & TicketsSt. Louis Cathedral Tours & Tickets