- Walking tour of the Garden District
- Stroll through the lush green streets of the Garden District
- Learn about the historic 19th-century mansions on former plantation land
- Visit one of New Orleans' fascinating cemeteries
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Wander through this verdant residential area of New Orleans to admire the many beautiful 19th-century antebellum mansions—it's the largest collection of this style of buildings in the world. At one time, this part of the city was taken up by a few plantations. These were later broken up into the separate residential plots you see today.
The streets are lined with Live Oaks, sometimes branching across roads to create lush tunnels between fine examples of quintessentially New Orleanian architectural styles. Look for scrolled cast-iron fences and grand white columns.
Before concluding the tour, visit one of the city's famous above-ground cemeteries, Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, which dates from the 19th century.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY New Orleans Ghost Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands