Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-Day rafting trip on the Westwater section of the Colorado River, from Moab
- Relax in an oarboat rowed by an expert guide or work out your muscles in a paddleboat
- Get a thrilling white-water experience on Class III and IV rapids
- Look for wildlife such as bald eagles, river otters and beavers, and learn about the geology of the canyon
- Includes lunch on the river, rafting gear, transportation to the river, and hotel pickup and drop-off in Moab
Departure & Return
our one day Westwater expedition departs 8:00 AM from NAVTEC Expeditions. Our office is located at 321 N. Main Street in Moab, UT. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in. We return to our office at about 6:00 PM.
What To Expect
On this adventurous whitewater rafting trip from Moab, there’s the chance you could see petroglyphs carved in the rocks from the area’s original inhabitants, or old mining cabins, graves and caves that date to the old Wild West. As you pass an old-growth Cottonwood tree, look up towards the sky to look for bald eagles and they soar and coast on the breeze, and keep an eye out for otters and beavers as they splash and swim in the eddies.
The tour itself begins in Moab where you’ll meet your professional guide, and receive an intro safety briefing to be fit with lifejacket and gear. From here, hop in the van to the ride to the put-in on a scenic section of river, where your guide will offer additional instruction about riding inside of the raft. Once you’re ready, push off from the sandy bank and prepare to splash through the canyon.
Full-Day Rafting Trip with Lunch:On this full-day rafting tour of Westwater Canyon, you’ll splash through 12 different Class III and IV rapids such as famous 'Sock-It-To-Me.' The rapids are often the highest in early summer with all of the added melted snow. Your guide will be rowing the raft with oars, so you can just hang on for the ride, absorbing the desert scenery as you splash your way down the canyon.
In the middle of the day, your guide will paddle to a sandy riverbank in a calmer section of water, where you’ll enjoy a filling buffet lunch and can take a refreshing dip. From here, continue splashing your way downstream and listening to your echoes in the canyon,, before leaving the Colorado River behind for the comfortable drive back to Moab.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking; minimum weight requirement is 50 lbs (23 kg)
- Inflatable kayaks are available upon request at no charge, please provide the request in the special requirements field at the time of booking
- Please note, prior to departure, all travelers will be required to sign a liability release
- Minimum age is 8 years
- It is recommended to bring: Sturdy footwear, quick dry clothing, spring or fall rain suit, swimsuit or fast drying shorts, sun screen, lip balm, hat and a camera (preferably waterproof)
- Camping gear can be rented from the tour operator at an additional cost
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY NAVTEC Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.