1 day (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Famed for its historical landmarks, seaside vistas, and literary lore, Whitby is one of Yorkshire’s highlight towns—and this full-day, private tour makes planning a trip seamless. Following morning pickup from your York hotel, travel in the comfort of a private vehicle, and admire the scenery of the North York Moors as you go. Upon arrival in Whitby, discover Captain Cook’s former house, visit the ruined Whitby Abbey (which inspired Bram Stoker’s Dracula), and try the local fish and chips (own expense).
- Enjoy a stress-free way to explore scenic Whitby
- Round-trip transit from your York hotel via comfortable vehicle
- A private tour offers a flexible and personal way to explore
- Visit Whitby Abbey, see Captain Cook’s house, and more
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note that the steps up to Whitby Abbey are quite steep.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ye Olde England Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Whitby - Home of Captain Cook and Count Dracula?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Whitby - Home of Captain Cook and Count Dracula?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Whitby - Home of Captain Cook and Count Dracula?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Whitby - Home of Captain Cook and Count Dracula?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Whitby - Home of Captain Cook and Count Dracula
Explore Similar Things to Do
Historical ToursCultural & Theme ToursMiddlesbroughHistorical Tours - YorkshireHistorical Tours - Newcastle-upon-TyneHistorical Tours - ManchesterCategory