- Evening foodie tour in Mexico City with a local guide
- Try traditional mezcal at a mezcal bar
- Visit four taqerias for tastings
- Get insider tips on visiting Mexico City
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people
Departure & Return
Our host will meet you outside the main entrance of the hotel Sheraton María Isabel. Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time.
Tour ends at the last tasting place which is a popular taquería.
What To Expect
You’ll get an insider perspective on Mexico City cuisine as you make your way to a series of evening eateries, but start by kicking off the night at the first mezcal bar in Mexico City. The bar’s resident mezcal master will walk you through the tastes of traditional mezcal, exploring sweet, smoky, floral, and herbal flavors of the pre-Hispanic drink.
When you’re ready for tacos, try what might be Mexico City’s best al pastor variety, using spit-roasted meat that adapts Middle Eastern techniques to local ingredients and flavors.
At the next taqueria, get a contemporary, creative take on tacos, then visit a third taqueria for tacos hot from the griddle. The last taqueria stop of the evening is for Norteño-style tacos, with culinary influences from the regions of northern Mexico.
Your evening of mezcal and tacos concludes at the final taqueria, in the bustling Cuauhtemoc neighborhood.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for vegans
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sabores Mexico Food Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff