- Day trip to Puebla and Cholula from Mexico City
- Explore the archaeological zone of Cholula
- Enjoy guided visits of Talavera and onyx factories
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and lunch included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
From the pyramid base, look up to see the Church of Our Lady of the Remedies perched on the summit. Hear about how Hernan Cortes ordered the construction of 365 churches on this site, one for every day of the year.
Then, your guide takes you to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Puebla, a city where buildings are sculpted out of freestone and covered with painted ceramic tiles. The charming city boasts 70 churches in its historic district alone. Swing by the 16th-century Church of Santo Domingo, whose plain gray and pink exterior belies the opulence inside. Next, visit the Chapel of the Rosary, part of the Church of Santo Domingo and once considered the eighth wonder of the art world. Admire the gilded stucco inside this example of Mexican Baroque architecture.
Gaze at the serene-blue Convent of Santa Monica, now the home of the Museum of Religious Art. Finally, visit onyx and Talavera ceramics factories, and learn about how these artisanal items are crafted, before enjoying transport back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- - The time of return may vary due to traffic situations or the number of people.
- - It is not advisable to book a tour on the same day of the departure of a flight, since we cannot be responsible for the loss of the flight, for any tour delay
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mexitours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms