8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See the spectacular Monarch butterfly migration that takes place from November to March, when millions of butterflies arrive in central Mexico after the long flight from Canada. Visiting the monarch butterfly sanctuary with a private guide means you’ll spend the day exploring at your own pace, walking or riding a horse through evergreen forests. This monarch butterfly tour includes pickup and drop-off at hotels in Mexico City, as well as admission to the monarch butterfly sanctuary.
- Visit a monarch butterfly sanctuary from Mexico City
- See one of the most spectacular migrations on earth
- Walk or ride through the forest with a private guide
- Pickup and drop-off at accommodations in Mexico City
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-offfrom hotels located in Mexico city central area.
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels located outside Mexico city central area.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
WE PICK UP ALL CUSTOMERS FROM HOTELS LOCATED IN THE MEXICO CITY CENTRAL
AREA. OUT OF THIS AREA, PICK UP WILL HAVE AN EXTRA CHARGE (200 PESOS WHICH WILL
BE PAID DIRECTLY TO OUR GUIDE) OR WE CAN MET CLIENTS IN A MEETING POINT
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pick up at hotels outside the downtown area will have an extra charge of 200 pesos which must be paid directly to our guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The Private service inlcude private transportation and private guide to the Butterfly Sanctuary. The entrance to the Sanctuary is public and management decide how they settle the entrance. Usually tourists are joined in small groups with local guide that know safe paths.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Trip To Mexico
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary Private Tour from Mexico City?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary Private Tour from Mexico City?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary Private Tour from Mexico City?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Very convenient to be able to access the reserve from Mexico City with Viator." See review
Product code: 9483P81
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeEco ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMexico CityBus Tours - Central MexicoNature and Wildlife - Central MexicoEco Tours - Central MexicoFull-day Tours - Central MexicoBus Tours - TaxcoNature and Wildlife - TaxcoEco Tours - TaxcoFull-day Tours - TaxcoBus Tours - AcapulcoNature and Wildlife - AcapulcoEco Tours - AcapulcoFull-day Tours - AcapulcoCategory
La Feria ChapultepecSonora Market (Mercado de Sonora)Jamaica Market (Mercado Jamaica)Ripley's Believe It or Not! MexicoMexico City Museum of Modern Art (Museo de Arte Moderno)Six Flags MexicoDiego Rivera and Frida Kahlo Studio-MuseumPaseo de la ReformaInbursa Aquarium Angel of Independence (Monumento a la Independencia)National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)Latin-American Tower (Torre Latinoamericana)National Museum of Anthropology (Museo Nacional de Antropologia)KidZania CuicuilcoAnahuacalli Museum (Museo Anahuacalli)Museo del Templo Mayor (Templo Mayor Museum)Palace of Fine Arts (Palacio de Bellas Artes)Frida Kahlo Museum (Museo Frida Kahlo)Mercado de Artesanias La Ciudadela (Ciudadela Artisan Market)Arena Mexico