- Explore the World Heritage–listed archeological site with an expert private guide
- See ancient monuments like the Temple of Quetzalcoatl and the Palace of Quetzalpapalotl
- Climb up Teotihuacan’s most famous structures, the Pyramid of the Moon and Pyramid of the Sun
- Visit an obsidian workshop and enjoy tastings of tequila, mezcal and other native spirits
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup and drop-off
We pick up only in the following areas: Downtown, Zona Rosa, Reforma & Polanco
What To Expect
Inside the archeological zone, explore the palaces, plazas, and pyramids, while learning fascinating history about the architecture and its cultural foundations from your guide. Visit the Temple of Quetzalcoatl, also known as the Temple of the Feathered Serpent, as well as the Palace of Quetzalpapalotl. See the complex’s less-visited monuments, including elaborate murals and other architectural nuances. Hear about the most recent archeological findings, the lifestyles of the residents of this once-thriving city and theories behind the city’s decline.
Stroll along the Avenue of the Dead (Calle de Los Muertos), a 1.5-mile (2.4-km) road that connects the main structures, including the Pyramid of the Moon and Pyramid of the Sun. You have the chance to climb these magnificent edifices for stunning bird’s-eye views of Teotihuacan.
After touring the archeological site, board your minivan and en route back to Mexico City, stop by an obsidian workshop. Meet a local family and sample tequila, mezcal and liqueurs made from native cactus plants. Purchase lunch here, if you like, before your day trip ends with drop-off at your Mexico City hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It's recommended you wear sunblock, a hat and walking shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Mexico
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Teotihuacan Pyramids with Tequila Tasting Private Tour From Mexico City.
- "Seeing the pyramids with a guide as knowledgeable as Roberto allows you to appreciate the history of the people as well as the pyramids." See review
- "It is possible for us to refuse to stop there but you have to know that ahead of time.Definitely take the tour, but skip the "lesson and lunch"." See review
- "I would recommend the private tour over the larger bus tour, it's much more intimate, and we were able to opt out of the lunch in the afternoon to return to the city where we had already made plans." See review