14 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Saved to wishlist!
Private pick-up & drop-off
Transportation: private vehicle
Service of a private guide
Entrance & orientation walk around Grutas Tolantongo
Non-alcoholic drinks & snacks
Travel insurance, other activities & meals, tips
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
POST-COVID HEALTH & SAFETY
Understanding continuously present risks associated with COVID-19 pandemics and willing to keep both travelers & our team healthy, Vibe Adventures introduced internal health & safety guidelines that are enforced on all our tours until such measures are lifted by authorities of each destination and/or pandemic situation gets completely resolved worldwide. Those guidelines are based on official recommendations & protocols from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) and among others include the following measures:
Education & Training:
● regular training & education of the staff (Tour Leaders, drivers, crew) and suppliers (accommodations, restaurants, experience providers, etc.) on the importance of COVID-related health & safety measures;
● promotion of the importance of hand hygiene & other COVID-related health & safety measures to travelers through signage, oral instructions, and online materials;
● contracting only suppliers that responsibly implement COVID-related health & safety protocols recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and local authorities.
● mandatory application of antibacterial gel (70% alcohol) by everyone entering the vehicle that is used for transportation during the tour;
● implementing a mandatory hand-hygiene policy that requires regularly scheduled use of hand sanitizer and washing hands with soap by the staff during the tour, especially after touching objects in public areas (e.g. handrails, doors, money, mobile phones, etc.).
● mandatory use of face masks or other protecting items (e.g. scarfs, kerchiefs or bandanas) covering nose, chin & mouth by both travelers & staff in all public areas (especially in confined environments such as public transport, shops, markets, museums, lobbies of hotels etc.);
● the use of the mask is not mandatory in private areas (e.g. hotel rooms) and while having meals & drinks.
● mandatory daily sanitation of the vehicles used for transportation of travelers by the staff especially of handles, doors, seats, and other frequently-touched surfaces;
● use of cleaning and disinfecting products that are approved by local & international health authorities;
● regular audit of our suppliers on their cleanliness & sanitation protocols.
● mandatory social distance of at least 1.5 m (~5 feet) by both travelers & staff throughout the tour.
Please remember: only mutual assistance & support can put an end to this borderless pandemic and help us protect the health of ourselves, our families & colleagues. Thanks in advance for your understanding & cooperation.
BOOKING & CONFIRMATION
You will get a confirmation email once you finish your booking. From this moment your tour is confirmed: just show up agreed time & location (we might contact you for extra info if needed). Please be able to present your booking confirmation or voucher (can be in the electronic version in your phone) to your tour guide upon his/her request.
Complimentary pick-up/drop-off is included: please indicate the exact time & location for your pick-up during your booking (e.g. in the "Special Requirements" field). If you cannot find this field, just reply to the booking confirmation that you get to your email with your pickup details, message us in the platform, or call the number indicated on your booking confirmation at least 24h before the tour. We can pick you up from hotels and apartments situated in the following parts of Mexico City: Downtown, Reforma, Polanco, Condesa, Roma, Centro Historico; other more remote locations might involve an extra fee.
The default departure times for this tour are 6 am & 7 am but those can be also slightly adjusted per your request. Our guide will come to pick you up at your accommodation at the requested time and might contact you by phone if needed, so please be sure that the number you provide during the booking is valid and can be reached on the day of the tour.
TOUR DURATION & CUSTOMIZATION
The standard duration of the tour, as advertised in its description, is calculated from the moment of pickup till dropoff. At the same time, the tour is customizable which means the time you spend in each destination can be adjusted to your needs: e.g. if you want to visit an extra location (attraction/restaurant/market, etc.), you can do it on a complimentary basis if this visit (1) still fits total duration of the tour and (2) doesn't involve a change of the route (is on our way). In this case, we can shorten the stay at a particular destination included in the program so that you have time to visit the place you are interested in. Other changes such as the extension of the tour, change of the route, or adding extra participants, should be communicated to us at least 48 hours before the tour and will involve extra fees.
WHAT TO TAKE WITH YOU
Swimming suit, towel, water shoes, water-resistant phone case (most of those can be bought on the spot); travel insurance; good mood & curiosity.
Children under 3 are complimentary.
The type of the vehicle depends on the size of your group and may include car, SUV, minivan.
This is a private tour: only your group will participate.
Travelers should have a basic physical fitness condition.
The price of the tour/person depends on the number of participants in the booking.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By booking this activity ("Tour") with the tour organizer ("Company"), you ("Customer") accept to:
- comply with all laws & regulations of the country (countries) where the Tour takes place;
- follow the instructions of the Company & its representatives;
- take all measures to procure your own safety on the Tour including, but not limited to, use of safety devices (including seat-belts, harnesses, & helmets), obeying posted signs & oral or written warnings from the Company's representatives regarding health & safety;
- provide information about pre-existing medical conditions that may affect your ability to participate in the Tour or have a negative impact on the experience of others in the Tour;
- have travel insurance covering personal injury & emergency medical expenses valid for the whole duration of the Tour;
- waive responsibility of the Company & its representatives for any personal health & property damage that may occur during the Tour;
- allow the Company to use any media content created by its representatives during the Tour for marketing-related purposes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Vibe Adventures
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during From Mexico City: Private Tour to Grutas Tolantongo?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during From Mexico City: Private Tour to Grutas Tolantongo?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during From Mexico City: Private Tour to Grutas Tolantongo?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during From Mexico City: Private Tour to Grutas Tolantongo?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Get a waterproof camera case and water shoes to ensure a wonderful experience." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
From Mexico City: Private Tour to Grutas Tolantongo
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMexico CityBus Tours - Central MexicoNature and Wildlife - Central MexicoWalking Tours - Central MexicoFull-day Tours - Central MexicoBus Tours - TaxcoNature and Wildlife - TaxcoWalking Tours - TaxcoFull-day Tours - TaxcoBus Tours - AcapulcoNature and Wildlife - AcapulcoWalking Tours - AcapulcoFull-day Tours - AcapulcoCategory
San Andrés Mixquic Tours & TicketsSan Juan Bautista Church (Parroquia San Juan Bautista) Tours & TicketsSan Angel Tours & TicketsMexico City Museum of Modern Art (Museo de Arte Moderno) Tours & TicketsMexico City Wax Museum (Museo de Cera Ciudad de Mexico) Tours & TicketsXochimilco Tours & TicketsAngel of Independence (Monumento a la Independencia) Tours & TicketsRipley's Believe It or Not! Mexico Tours & TicketsChapultepec Castle (Castillo de Chapultepec) Tours & TicketsAnahuacalli Museum (Museo Anahuacalli) Tours & TicketsNational Palace (Palacio Nacional) Tours & TicketsLatin-American Tower (Torre Latinoamericana) Tours & TicketsPapalote Children's Museum (Papalote Museo del Niño) Tours & TicketsBazaar Sábado (Saturday Market) Tours & TicketsSix Flags Mexico Tours & TicketsLeon Trotsky Museum (Museo Leon Trotsky) Tours & TicketsTamayo Museum (Museo Tamayo) Tours & TicketsLa Profesa (Temple of San Felipe Neri) Tours & TicketsNational Museum of Art (Museo Nacional de Arte) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Tequila and Mezcal (Museo del Tequila y el Mezcal) Tours & Tickets