Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore 2 of Mexico City's local markets
- Shop for items like fresh produce, local flowers, and local candies
- Indulge in lots of tastings along the way
- Learn about the history of Mexican cuisine, ingredients, local producers, and how Mexican families are involved.
Departure & Return
Hostel Mundo Joven Catedral facade / entrance. República de Guatemala 4, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06020 Ciudad de México, CDMX
Palacio de Bellas Artes facade /entrance. Av. Juárez S/N, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06050 Ciudad de México, CDMX
What To Expect
Your first stop is a market that even some locals don't know about. As you have a look around, learn about the context of this place in Mexican social and political history in the early 20th century. Hear about the market's connection to prominent Mexico City historical figures Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo.
Jump back on public transport and head to the 3 in 1 flower market. Continue a few blocks to a market that has 3 parts: flowers, fresh produce and prepared food. Ask one of the vendors in the largest flower market in the city to pick out some flowers that match your eye color. Stroll through the warren of stalls chock full of local products, atole, taco, huarache dish, tamales and pineapple tepache as you walk.
Last stop is a local patio for some more food samples, also a cooking spicy hand-on class ensuring you won't end your 5-hour tour hungry.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people
- We recommend dressing conservatively as we will be visiting non-touristy areas. Long trousers or jeans and a t-shirt is recommended. Leave your valuables, such as passports and credit cards, in the hotel and bring a small amount of spending cash. Only small cameras are allowed and during the rainy season (May to September) we recommend bringing a raincoat or umbrella
- Not wheelchair accessible
- On this tour, you will learn about the socio-political history of Mexico, support independent market vendors, and experience real connections by meeting with a local family.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Urban Adventures - Latin America
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms