- History-focused walking tour of Memphis
- Admire landmarks like Court Square Fountain and Confederate Park
- Hear stories about Memphis' Civil War and Prohibition history from your guide
- Watch the March of the Ducks at the Peabody Hotel
Departure & Return
What To Expect
In addition to Beale Street, one of the most iconic streets in America, stroll along Main Street to Confederate Park, commemorating the Civil War’s Battle of Memphis. See additional Civil War sites recognizing the Battle of Memphis and Forrest's Raid on Memphis; Court Square Center, stop at the Peabody Hotel to watch the March of the Ducks, General Washburn's Escape Alley and more.
Along the way, hear the history of this rowdy river town and its people—from tough frontiersmen like Davy Crockett and Sam Houston to the Confederate soldiers and Civil War spies. Learn about everyone from the gamblers, speculators and fancy ladies who arrived by steamboat and train to the gangsters and machine bosses fueled by Prohibition-era greed.
It truly is a fun and fast way to get to know Memphis and the many amazing attractions it offers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Within a few blocks there are four different parking garages, and several open-air parking lots. The closest garage to our location (just two blocks away) is at 149 Peabody Place between Second Street and BB King Blvd., next to the Hampton Inn. You can try your luck with on-street metered parking, too, on Second Street just south of Beale; on Beale between Front and Second; or along Peabody Place from Front to Fourth Street.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Backbeat Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience