9 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
If you need a break from the heat in Medan then consider a private day tour to the Brastagi, a welcoming village nestled in the cooler Karo Highlands. This tour offers a glimpse into rural Sumatran life without the hard work of hiring and driving a rental car. You’ll enjoy fresh local passion fruit and travel between a traditional Karo Batak village and the Sipisopiso waterfall, where you can cool down in natural pools, without worrying about navigation.
- Navigate the heart of Sumatra with a guide: there’s no need for a map
- Learn about a traditional way of life: only 8 families remain in the village
- Enjoy the natural beauty of a plunging waterfall and the largest lake in Indonesia
- A family friendly tour suited for all ages and fitness levels
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your hotel in Medan or the Kualanamu airport
Dates: Daily departure
Return point: Your hotel in Medan or the Kualanamu airport
- Kualanamu International Airport, Jl. Bandara Kuala Namu, Ps. Enam Kuala Namu, Kec. Beringin, Kabupaten Deli Serdang, Sumatera Utara 20553, Indonesia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour with a minimum of 2 participants
- If you require a pick up from the Kualanamu Airport please note your flight must arrive before 8am.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tri Jaya Tour and travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Karo Highlands and Lake Toba from Medan?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Karo Highlands and Lake Toba from Medan?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Karo Highlands and Lake Toba from Medan?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Karo Highlands and Lake Toba from Medan
9 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMedanBus Tours - SumatraNature and Wildlife - SumatraFull-day Tours - SumatraBus Tours - PenangNature and Wildlife - PenangFull-day Tours - PenangBus Tours - Petaling JayaNature and Wildlife - Petaling JayaFull-day Tours - Petaling JayaCategory