- Full-day trip to Haleakala, Iao Valley and central Maui
- See a dormant volcano in Haleakala National Park
- Enjoy scenic drives past Maui's flower farms and sugar cane farms
- Admire the Iao Needle in Iao Valley State Park
- Professionally narrated tour
- Pickup and drop-off at Maui hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pickup from specific hotels on Maui approximately between 6:45 and 8:00 AM; please search for your exact hotel in the pickup section. If you are staying somewhere we do not pickup at, please enter your pickup location address in the free-form field and contact us for your exact pickup which will be at one of the locations below.
- Kahului Airport, 1 Keolani Pl, Kahului, Maui, HI 96732
What To Expect
On the tour’s first stop, wind your way through Maui’s Upcountry before reaching Haleakala Crater—one of the island’s most dramatically scenic and popular spots to visit. This 10,000 ft. (3,007m) volcano has been dormant since 1790, and covers 33,000 acres of cinder cones and remote, tropical forest.
After descending the mountain and stopping for lunch (own expense), drive past fields of waving sugar to the famous Iao Needle, where King Kamehameha fiercely battled to place Maui under his control. A short hike leads to the viewpoint for the pointy, forested needle, which rises 1,200 feet (366m) from the valley floor against a verdant backdrop of cliffs. Later on, at the top of Wailuku, visit historic Ka’ahumanu Church—which is backed by Iao Valley—and hear the history of this picturesque church built in 1876.
On the final journey back to your hotel, drive through Wailuku past farms and fields before returning by mid-afternoon, allowing enough time to make plans for the night—if you have energy after the day tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Special Needs requests must be called in to the local supplier AT LEAST 1 week prior to tour date. All special needs requests are handled and accommodated on a situational basis.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Polynesian Adventure Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Best of Maui Haleakala and Iao Valley.
- "It is quite cool at that altitude so a good idea to take a light jacket." See review
- "There was a lunch stop, but everyone had to pay for his or her food." See review
- "Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate, and the crater at the top was completely engulfed in fog, but the trip was well worth it." See review