- Half-day tour of Marseille and Cassis with an expert local guide
- Travel along the scenic Corniche des Crêtes, soaking up coastal views of the Côte d'Azur
- Admire panoramic views of the Gulf of Cassis from Cape Canailles
- Enjoy a boat tour to see the Cassis calanques, known as the 'fjords of the French Riviera'
- See top Marseille attractions like Notre-Dame de la Garde on a city sightseeing tour
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next head down into Cassis, an ancient Provençal fishing village and a highlight of the Côte d’Azur. Wander around the lovely harbor, delighting in Cassis’ classic Provençal architecture, and take a cruise (optional) to view the region’s three famous calanques. Often called the ‘fjords of the French Riviera,' these wild and beautiful limestone rock formations distinguish this stretch of Mediterranean shoreline.
Then return to Marseille for a historic sightseeing tour. From your seat, take in scenes of Provençal city life as you make your way to the magnificent Basilique Notre-Dame de la Garde, a Neo-Byzantine Catholic church that towers above the city. From here, you’ll glimpse panoramic views of the cerulean Mediterranean Sea and the Chateau d’If, famous as the island fortress in The Count of Monte Cristo. Stop by the 11th-century Abbey of St Victor before heading back to your departure point in the Old Port. Your tour ends here in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when traveling with two paying adults
- In the event of poor weather, your boat ride may be cancelled and access to Cape Canaille may be restricted. On these rare occasions, you will either have more time to spend at leisure or another activity will be arranged
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Provence, Marseille and Cassis Sightseeing Tour.