8 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Enjoy a flexible day trip from Marseille to historic Avignon and visit a local wine estate. Your private excursion begins with a guided walking tour of Avignon—the home of papal power in the 14th century—and then you're free to explore on your own. Visit the Popes' Palace (own expense), peruse the Cathedral Notre-Dame des Domes, or stroll across the Point St-Bénezet bridge, inspiration for a famous French children's song. Stop off at the celebrated Châteauneuf-du-Pape wine estate on your return for a sampling of two of their best varietals.
- Full-day private tour to Avignon and Châteauneuf-du-Pape from Marseille
- See top Avignon attractions like Pont St-Bénezet and Cathedral Notre-Dame des Domes on a walking tour
- Explore Popes’ Palace if you wish and admire its striking Gothic architecture
- Visit a Châteauneuf-du-Pape estate and learn about the region’s esteemed wines
- Sample two of the chateau’s best Châteauneuf-du-Pape wines during a tasting session
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks, unless specified
Entrance fee to Popes' Palace and Avignon's bridge
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Avignon and Chateauneuf-du-Pape Day Trip from Marseille?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Avignon and Chateauneuf-du-Pape Day Trip from Marseille?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Avignon and Chateauneuf-du-Pape Day Trip from Marseille?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Avignon and Chateauneuf-du-Pape Day Trip from Marseille?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Avignon and Chateauneuf-du-Pape Day Trip from Marseille
11 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMarseilleBus Tours - ProvenceFull-day Tours - ProvenceBus Tours - MarignaneFull-day Tours - MarignaneBus Tours - Aix-en-ProvenceFull-day Tours - Aix-en-ProvenceCategory
Centre de la Vieille CharitePlace aux HuilesMarseille History Museum (Musee d'Histoire)Palais LongchampFontaine CastellaneMarseille Cruise Port (Terminal Croisières Marseille)Abbey of St. Victor (Abbaye Saint-Victor)La CornicheVallon des AuffesCalanque d’En-VauMuseum of Mediterranean Archaeology (Musée d’Archéologie Méditerranéenne)Fort Saint-JeanMarseille Cathedral (Cathédrale La Major) Roman Docks Museum (Musée des Docks Romains)Cantini Museum (Musée Cantini)Cap CanailleCalanque de Sormiou Marseille Contemporary Art Museum (MAC)Frioul Islands (Îles du Frioul)Maritime and Commercial Museum of Marseille (Musée de la Marine et de l'Economie de Marseille)