- Take a private tour of Marseille and Cassis on this Marseille shore excursion
- Venture along the breathtaking Route des Crêtes while enjoying views of the Côte d'Azur
- Stop at Cape Canailles to look out over the Gulf of Cassis
- Explore the village of Cassis or take a sightseeing cruise if you wish to see the 'fjords of the French Riviera'
- See top Marseille attractions like Notre-Dame de la Garde and the Abbey of St. Victor on a narrated sightseeing tour
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Your first stop is Cape Canaille, perched atop France’s highest sea cliffs. Here, you’ll get stunning views of the Côte d’Azur, the Gardiole mountain range and the Gulf of Cassis. Next head down into Cassis village, an ancient Provençal fishing town that once served as a Roman maritime route. Wander the colorful, sun-baked streets, explore artisan shops and squares, or take a 45-minute cruise (additional expense) to view the region’s three famous calanques, wild limestone cliffs that line the Mediterranean shoreline.
Afterwards, return to Marseille for an exciting city tour. From your seat, admire the gorgeous Notre-Dame de la Garde, a Neo-Byzantine Catholic basilica that rises from Marseille’s highest point. Catch sweeping views of Marseille’s cityscape, the sparkling Mediterranean Sea and the gorgeous Chateau d’If, the island fortress featured in The Count of Monte Cristo. Stop by the centuries-old Abbey of St Victor before returning to port.
Your 7-hour tour ends with drop-off at your cruise terminal.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Marseille port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- If your ship has to leave at 4pm or earlier the departure time of the tour might need to be amended. You will be emailed by the local supplier to inform you of any changes if necessary
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wait at the exit of the ship/cruise terminal, do not start to walk on the port area.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Marseille Shore Excursion: Private Marseille and Cassis Tour.