- Explore the wines and castles of Spain's Ribera del Duero region during this full-day tour
- Enjoy included tastings of some of Spain's best red wines at a local winery
- Explore some of the area's numerous medieval towns and ancient castles
- Included wine tastings and round-trip transport from Madrid
- A small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hotel Claridge Cafeteria in Plaza del Conde de Casal n 6, 28007 Madrid. Spain
What To Expect
During your time at the winery, discover a variety of vintages as you savor a cross-section of the red wines raised in this famous region. You also get a few tips about Ribera del Duero’s history as a wine region and learn about the typical wine styles produced by local winemakers. Then take a break for lunch in mid-afternoon (at your own expense), offering you the opportunity to pick a local restaurant where you can sample some of the typical cuisine of the Castile and León area.
Following your lunch break, visit a second winery and perhaps a third. Then, you have the opportunity to select from a number of potential activities in the area starting in the late afternoon. Depending on what you decide, you might check out any number of charming medieval towns or ancient castles. Among the options are Peñafiel, Pedraza, Aranda de Duero, Segovia, Riaza, and Peñaranda, among other choices. Return back to Madrid in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Winebus
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands