Explore our promoted experiences
- Ascend to the top of Mt. Pilatus via gondola and aerial cableway
- Spectacular views of alpine scenery, the Alps and Lake Lucerne
- Participate in outdoor activities in Fräkmüntegg
- Ride the 'Dragon Ride' to the very top, where you can hike the peaks or relax on the terrace
- Ride down on the world's steepest cogway railroad, terminating at Aplnachstad
Departure & Return
|Monday - Sunday:||08:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
Ticket Redemption Points
What To Expect
Upon arrival at Fräkmüntegg, spend some time participating in the many outdoor activities offered, such as agility climbing in the ropes park or a ride on Switzerland's longest summer toboggan.
Continue up the mountain with a ride on the aerial cableway 'Dragon Ride'. Relax in the spacious cockpit and take photos out the large windows that make you feel like you're in a helicopter. The short ride takes you to the top, with views of the Alps and Lake Lucerne. Choose to remain inside the panoramic gallery, make the short climb up one of the peaks, relax on the terrace or eat a meal at the onsite restaurants (own expense).
Descend via the world's steepest cogway railroad. Aboard this train dating from 1889, pass lush alpine scenery on the way to your destination at Alpnachstad.
Check 'Additional Info' to see the annual departure timetable for both stations.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Don't miss the last transportation down to the valley.
- Operates in almost all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Cableways are not in operation in the case of storms
- Only printed vouchers will be accepted
- Please note: You can start the tour from Kriens or Alpnachstad
- The gondolas are closed for maintenance from October 24th to November 4th 2022; access from Alpnachstad only.
- The cogwheel train is closed from November 15th 2021 to mid-May 2022; access from Kriens only
- It is not possible to book a specific time slot
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Pilatus Railways
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms