Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day cruise to Pak Ou Caves from Luang Prabang
- Cruise down the Mekong River and explore the waterfront villages
- Learn about unique Lao traditions including colorful handicrafts and rice wine
- Tuck into a Lao-style lunch in Ban Xang Hay village
- Marvel at the Pak Ou Caves, filled with sacred Buddha icons
- Great-value tour includes lunch and round-trip hotel transport
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
After lunch, jump back aboard your boat and continue to the Pak Ou Caves, carved into a cliffside at the meeting point of the Mekong and Nam Ou rivers. Follow your guide into the lower cave of Tham Ting, then climb the steps to the upper cave of Tham Phun. Marvel at the mind-boggling number of Buddha icons on display in Tham Phun – some 3,000 statues, ranging from a few inches tall to human-height. As you explore the cave, learn more about the Buddhas from your guide and hear how the cave has become an important place of pilgrimage for local Buddhists.
Back on the boat, set off toward Luang Prabang and stop along the way to explore the village of Ban Xieng Mene and peek into Vat Long Khoune, a temple known for its striking murals. Finally, arrive back in Luang Prabang and end your tour with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Luang Prabang. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kuang Si, along the Ou and Nam Khan River, Nong Kiau and Luang Prabang International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- We regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users. Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Customers are reminded to submit their passport number and expiration date with their reservation. These are essential requirements as outlined by local immigration regulations.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff