- Round-trip day ferry service to Catalina Island from Long Beach or San Pedro
- Enjoy a relaxing 1-hour cruise on the Pacific Ocean to arrive in the quaint town of Avalon
- This is a leisurely, fun and scenic way to experience Catalina Island!
Departure & Return
Travel available daily from Long Beach and San Pedro Return point: Returns to original departure point booked, you will not be able to come into a different point Note: For San Pedro departures, GPS devices do not recognize the address properly, please use Catalina Express, San Pedro, CA. Parking available at ports. Cost per day varies.
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 07:30 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 07:30 PM|
What To Expect
When you get off the ferry, walk just five minutes into downtown Avalon to begin your independent exploration of the island. This is not a guided tour—your time on Catalina is your own to do whatever you wish. Admire views of the waterfront along Avalon Bay, perhaps visit a restaurant or café, go shopping or do something more active (all at your own expense). The number of vehicles on the island is limited, so enjoy the pedestrian-friendly streets of town.
Return to your original departure point on the ferry when you’re finished on the island.
If you have time before or after your ferry departure or arrival at Catalina Landing, perhaps check out some of Long Beach’s attractions, such as the Aquarium of the Pacific. You can grab food and drinks at the Catalina Bistro or Catalina Deli if you need something before or after your ferry ride. The ferry service runs daily (schedule varies by season) and can accommodate surfboards, strollers and bikes.
Part of Los Angeles Port, San Pedro is home to landmarks like the Los Angeles Maritime Museum, as well as the USS Iowa and SS Lane Victory ships. You’ll embark and disembark the ferry at the Catalina Sea and Air Terminal, which opened in 2012. Ferry schedule varies by season; the ferries can accommodate surfboards, strollers and bikes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Two (2) bags per person is allowed with a maximum of 50lbs (28kgs) per bag. Bags may not be larger than 37" x 23" x 23" (94cm x 58cm x 58cm)
- One (1) piece of carry-on luggage is allowed per person and must fit beneath your seat
- Restrooms are available on-board the ferry
- Maximum of fourteen (14) passengers per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- The safety and security of our passengers and employees are top priorities for Catalina Express. We have taken extra precautions during this time based on the guidance of the County of Los Angeles, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other local health departments. Passengers are required to wear a face covering or mask that covers their nose and mouth while in the terminal, waiting in line to board and onboard the vessel. Our team is also outfitted with masks, gloves and safety glasses. Physically distancing precautions including markings on the floor, fewer customers at a time during the boarding process, and crew members assisting with limited capacity seating. Check-in agents are separated with Plexiglass partitions. Enhanced cleaning procedures include a thorough wipe down using an effective, high grade disinfectant and multi-purpose cleaning of all high touch surfaces throughout the trip. Every evening, an electrostatic spraying-or (fogging) of the vessel to eliminate all contaminants. https://www.catalinaexpress.com/know-before-you-travel.html
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 149 travelers
- OPERATED BY Catalina Express
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Catalina Express Round-Trip Ferry Service: Long Beach or San Pedro to Avalon.