- Half-day trip to Windsor Castle from London
- Explore Windsor Castle independently, and see St. George's Chapel and the State Apartments
- Enjoy some free time to explore in Windsor
- Traditional English fish and chips lunch at the cozy St. George's Tavern in Victoria
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Located on 164 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, London, SW1W 9TP, approximately 7 minutes walk from Victoria Underground and Railway station. Tour departs at 7.45am from gate 19-20. (Boarding starts at 7:30am)
What To Expect
As you travel, hear tales of this 1,000-year-old palace-fortress and how it ranks as the world’s oldest occupied castle. Originally built by William the Conqueror in the 11th century, it’s still used by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as a weekend residence and for state ceremonies.
On arrival, head inside to explore independently. Stroll around the opulent chambers of the State Apartments, many adorned with paintings by Rembrandt and Canaletto, and learn how they have been home to 39 monarchs. See other highlights and be sure to visit the castle's St. George’s Chapel, an echoing Gothic masterpiece that holds the tombs of 10 English monarchs, including the infamous Henry VIII.
Afterward, enjoy free time to stroll around Windsor town, set on the banks of the Thames River. Perhaps browse for souvenirs in the quaint shops and see the house where William Shakespeare is said to have penned his play 'The Merry Wives of Windsor.' After your visit to Windsor, drive back to London and arrive at the upscale neighborhood of Knightsbridge in the center of the city. Here, head inside the St. George's Tavern in Victoria, and sit down to a traditional, hearty English lunch of fish and chips. Your tour then ends here after your meal.
Please note: lunch may be taken at another pub or venue in central London.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- On occasions when the State Apartments are closed, you can visit the Queen Mary's Dolls' House instead
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Your one-course lunch is a choice of either Fish and Chips or Vegetarian Sausages and Mash. Drinks are available at additional cost.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Premium Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Windsor Castle Tour from London with Lunch.
- "We recommend this tour if you want extra time to see Windsor Castle." See review