Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- 2.5-hour guided tour of the the British Museum in London—ideal for history buffs
- Trace the route of civilization and see highlights of the museum's 8 million-strong collection
- See the Rosetta Stone, a two-headed Aztec serpent, and the Lewis Chessmen
- Learn about esoteric topics including germs, mythical gods, and the agricultural revolution
Departure & Return
You will see the guide waiting outside the King Edward entrance (by the lion statues) with an orange umbrella. Please proceed through the bag check area to meet the guide. We recommend that you arrive at least ten minutes early to allow time to pass through the security check.
What To Expect
Once inside the museum’s lofty atrium, you’ll follow the progress of civilisation through a variety of eclectic artefacts. Highlights you’ll visit include the Rosetta Stone, heralded as the beginning of language itself, a two-headed Aztec serpent, the Lewis chessmen, a mechanical solar system, the Parthenon sculptures, a statue of Ramesses II, and the Holy Thorn Reliquary.
Through the tour, your guide provides fascinating historical context that covers everything from the destructive nature of germs, the origin of money, notorious kings and rulers, and how agriculture transformed the world.
Midway through the tour, you’ll have the chance to purchase refreshments and snacks from the museum’s cafe. After 2.5 hours, bid your guide farewell at the museum, opting to continue exploring if you so desire.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Undiscovered London
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.