- Private full-day stately homes and gardens tour from London by black taxi
- Visit Bowood House, the stunning family home of the Lansdowne family, in Wiltshire
- Explore the 18th-century house and glorious gardens, designed by ‘Capability’ Brown
- Stroll around the interesting rooms and sweeping lawns, lake, and ornamental features
- Spend the afternoon at your choice of six other houses, such as Blenheim Palace, Sulgrave Manor, or Hidcote
- Hotel pickup included
- Enjoy undivided attention and onboard personalized commentary from a private driver-guide
Departure & Return
PICK UP ZONES A Central London Hotel is one with a post code (or zip code) E1, EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4, N1, SE1, SW1, SW3, SW7, W1, W2, W8, WC1, WC2. Should your Hotel be outside of these areas, or in the suburbs or Airport locations, we would be happy to provide you with a separate quote
What To Expect
Once aboard, enjoy the views as you leave London and head into the countryside to your first stop: Bowood House, the magnificent ancestral home of the Marquis and Marchioness of Lansdowne. Begun around 1720, Bowood was completed in around 1754 and sits within vast gardens landscaped by ‘Capability’ Brown.
Step out and head into the house and grounds (own expense). Stroll through the handsome rooms to admire the Georgian architecture and plush furnishings, and note some of the historical artifacts and heirlooms, including Queen Victoria’s wedding chair and Napoleon's death mask.
Other interesting sights include the laboratory, where oxygen was discovered in 1774, and collections of Georgian costumes and watercolors.
Afterward, enjoy a walk around the gardens, considered some of England’s most beautiful and laid out to Brown’s design in 1762. Take in the sweeping lawns that stretch to the long, winding lake, and admire the prize collections of trees, shrubs, and flowers such as azaleas. Perhaps stroll to some of the ornamental features, such as Hamilton’s Cascade, a waterfall cascading over an outcrop of rocks, and the Doric Temple.
Then, set off to spend the rest of the day at your second, selected stately home: Blenheim Palace, Greys Court, Sulgrave Manor, Buscot Park and Gardens, Hidcote, or Kelscott Manor.
On arrival, pay the entrance fee and explore as at Bowood. All six houses offer rich history, stunning architecture and glorious gardens.
Finally, relax on your taxi ride back to London where your tour ends with a drop-off at your hotel or a central location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Capital Taxi Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Stately Homes and Gardens of England Black Taxi Tour from London.