- 2-hour gangster walking tour of London’s East End led by Vas Blackwood
- Hear insider gossip about London’s low-life underworld: real-life criminals and fictional fiends
- Visit sites linked to the infamous Kray twins like Repton Boys’ Club and the Blind Beggar pub
- See the pub used as Samoan Jo’s in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Departure & Return
Please arrive at least 10 minutes early at your meeting point as the tour will leave promptly. The meeting point is inside the main bar area of the Blind Beggar pub, 337 Whitechapel Rd – 1 minute walk from Whitechapel tube station where you will find your guide waiting for you.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you head into Whitechapel’s warren of alleys and backroads, hear about the famous Kray twins, brutal mobsters who ruled the East End in the mid-20th century. Before being imprisoned for life, Reggie and Ronnie Kray made their mark in the area, from training to box at Repton Boys’ Club to opening glamorous nightclubs—hotspots for famous performers and members of parliament. Learn about Ronnie’s rise to celebrity after publicly murdering his arch rival at Blind Beggar pub, and about beloved London actress Barbara Windsor, who had a fling with Reggie Kray before marrying his feared associate, Ronnie Knight.
Along the way, indulge in Vas’s colorful storytelling. Learn more about cockney criminals like Brown Bread Fred, a cockney play on words where ‘bread’ translates to ‘dead’ – the unfortunate fate of many that met him – and ‘The Guv’nor,’ Lenny McLean, a former bareknuckle fighter and gangster who left the dark side to perform in the British classic, Eastenders.
Finish with a behind-the-scenes tour of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels film locations. Soak up little-known tales of production as you visit sites like Samoan Jo’s pub and Hatchet Harry’s office, workplace of Harry Lonsdale.
Your fascinating insider tour ends at Columbia Road in Shoreditch.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Brit Movie Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Highly recommend this afternoon tour in and around the real East End." See review