- Guided walking tour of London’s royal sights including the Tower of London and the Changing of the Guard
- Enjoy early access to the Tower of London and see the dazzling Crown Jewels
- See top attractions including Big Ben and the London Eye on a Thames River cruise
- Watch the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace or Horse Guards Parade
- See Buckingham Palace and learn about Queen Elizabeth II
- Listen to insightful commentary about London’s royal highlights from a guide
Departure & Return
Meeting Point Morning tour: Tower of London Ticket Office Meeting Point Details: Directly in front of the Ticket Office at Tower of London, look for the CityWonders sign. Arriving by tube: Tower Hill Tube Station: Head west turn right towards Trinity Square, turn left onto Trinity Square, Tower of London - 3 min walk
Meeting Point Afternoon Tour: By the Duke of York Column, Waterloo Place, 9 Carlton Terrace, London SW1Y 5AJ. This is the tall column with a statue on top. Arriving by tube: Take the tube to Piccadilly Circus and take exit No. 3 onto Regent Street/St James. Walk south down Regent Street towards St James’s Park (do not walk north towards Oxford Street). Waterloo Place is at the end of Regent Street. You will see the tall column with a statue on top. You can also arrive via Charing Cross Station. Walk down the Mall towards Buckingham Palace, you will see the statue on your right at the top of some steps.
Outside Tower of London
What To Expect
Late, at a prearranged time, meet your guide outside the tower and head to the pier. Hop aboard a Thames River cruise boat, and glide along the river into central London. Have your camera ready to capture snaps of some of London’s legendary landmarks as you go; Shakespeare’s Globe, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and St Paul’s Cathedral are all on the route.
From the pier at Embankment, walk with your guide to Horse Guard’s Parade or Buckingham Palace. See the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony, carried out by the red-coated soldiers of the Household Cavalry or Queen’s Foot Guard.
Continue to a vantage spot outside Buckingham Palace to see the balcony where the British Royal Family stand at events, and then bid your guide goodbye.
Please note: If the weather is poor on the day, the timing of the Changing of the Guard may be changed. In the event of this happening, this element of the experience will be replaced with an extended walking tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: Seeing the Changing of the Guard is weather dependent and on occasional Sundays may be rescheduled to early morning, this will then be replaced with an extended walking tour
- Unable to accommodate strollers and baby carriages
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Wonders UK
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Private Tower of London Opening Ceremony with Changing of The Guard and Cruise.