- Explore Costa Rica's Caribbean hub on a city tour
- Spot native wildlife on a canoe trip down the Tortuguero Canal
- Learn about one of Central America's most important cash crops at a banana plantation
- Trek through the Jungle Trail, a scenic forest filled with various flora and fauna
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Depart the hustle and bustle for a visit with Costa Rica’s famously slow-moving mammals at a sloth sanctuary, where you can coo over baby sloths at the nursery and meet resident sloth Buttercup. To protect the well-being of the animals, guests don't directly interact with sloths, but you will learn all about the lifecycles of these fascinating creatures and how they are rescued and rehabilitated at the sanctuary.
Continue exploring Costa Rica's wild side with a 1-hour canoe trip down the Tortuguero Canal. Keep an eye out for sightings of howler monkeys, birds, crocodiles, and other animals that make their habitat near the water’s edge.
Get an inside look at one of Costa Rica's most popular exports with a visit to a banana plantation. Learn how the tiny nation became one of the world’s largest banana producers and see how the sweet fruit is cultivated, packaged, and shipped all over the globe.
Then, take a brief trek through the Jungle Trail (1km), a scenic forest filled with various flora and fauna. Along the trail, look for the different frog species of Costa Rica, such as the Red Dart Frog. You may also spot three-toed sloths, butterflies, and birds, including toucans, oropendola, tanagers, hummingbirds, kiskidees, and more.
Afterward, drive back to your cruise port, where the 5-hour tour finishes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Top Private Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms