- Half-day combo shore excursion from Limon
- Look for monkeys and crocodiles on a 1-hour boat tour of the Tortuguero Canals
- Learn about local commerce at the world-famous Chiquita Banana plantation
- Shop for coffee and other local products at a village market
- Try fresh Costa Rican cuisine at a restaurant with a view (own expense)
- Great way to explore the nature and culture of Costa Rica's Caribbean coast
- Port pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
At the end of the boat ride, step back onto solid ground and embark on a tour of the surrounding area for a glimpse into eastern Costa Rica’s commerce and culture. The tiny country is the world’s second largest banana exporter, with 80% of its banana fields in Limon province. Stop outside the famous Chiquita Banana plantation to learn how the fruit is cultivated, processed, and shipped all around the globe, and then treat your senses to Costa Rica’s other celebrated export with a chance to purchase coffee from a local market in Tortuguero village.
Finally, taste simple but fresh Costa Rican cuisine with a stop for lunch at your choice of a beachside restaurant or one with a stellar view of Limon (food and drink own expense). With a satisfied stomach, relax on the return drive to the Limon port and your waiting cruise ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Top Private Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms