Explore our promoted experiences
- 6.5-hour Swiss mountain and lake day trip from Lausanne
- Travel through the UNESCO Wine Terraces of Lavaux
- Visit Chaplin’s World to discover the life and works of Charlie Chaplin
- Stop in Montreux for lunch, and enjoy free time to shop
- See the Mountain Studio, where Queen recorded Made in Heaven
- Spend time at Chillon Castle, on the western side of Lake Geneva
Departure & Return
We will pick you up from the small car parking, at the exit of the metro's stop "Vennes", next Aquatis. The bus will say Swisstours and will be just on time because it actually arrives from Geneva
What To Expect
Your next stop is at Chaplin’s World, a museum that pays homage to the comic great. Learn about Charlie Chaplin’s life and his work through cinema as you explore the Hollywood-esque studio.
After 1.5 hours at the museum, you’ll make your way to the lakeside town of Montreux in time for lunch. Hear tales about the chic lakeside resort from your guide, and learn about the celebrities and artists who fell in love with its charms. Freddie Mercury, Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald, and Ray Charles are among its fans.
Hear more stories of Freddie Mercury on a visit to the Mountain Studio where his band Queen recorded Made in Heaven. After checking out the legendary recording studio inside the casino, you’ll have some time to enjoy at your leisure. Stroll along pretty streets lined with jazz festival landmarks and boutiques, then return to your transport to travel to Chillon Castle, set on an island on the west side of Lake Geneva.
As you explore, you’ll learn about the castle’s past and its historic importance for trade in the area. Like Montreux, the castle, too, had its share of famous admirers; Lord Byron was said to be inspired by it.
Your day trip ends with a drop-off back at the Lausanne start point around 4:45pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Keytours (Switzerland)
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff