- Narrated sightseeing cruise of Emerald Bay
- Admire majestic views of mountains and cascading waterfalls
- Learn the history of Fannette Island and Vikingsholm Castle
- Enjoy delicious lunch, cocktails and other refreshments available for purchase
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Learn about its ‘little rock island,’ Fanette Island, the only isle on the lake, and hear about the history of Vikingsholm Castle, a stone mansion built right on the shore. You’ll have plenty of photo opportunities of the mountains, forests and beautiful shoreline during the cruise.
Also on board, watch a video presentation ‘Sunken Treasures of Lake Tahoe,’ which depicts what lies beneath the lake’s surface. Take a visual journey 500 feet (150 km) underneath the waters of Glenbrook Bay to explore the Steamer Tahoe, a boat that operated on the lake for 50 years before she was sunk. See underwater bluffs and canyons, travel through a forest of ancient petrified trees that caused scientists to reevaluate their theories of the lake’s size and evolution, and roam the bottom of Emerald Bay for a look at sea mounds.
If you are on the morning cruise during the summer months, you have the option for a buffet lunch, made up of deli meats, salad, soup, cheese, bread, chili, cookies, tea, soda and water. Beverages may also be purchased from the onboard bar (own expense).
Your cruise ends when you return to Zephyr Cove.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour cannot be booked or amended within 24 hours of departure
- Smoking is permitted on the 3rd deck and outside viewing areas only
- Wheelchairs are permitted on M.S. Dixie II, however there are no elevators on board servicing the 2nd level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Pet Policy - Only service animals are allowed on the boat.
- Parking at Zephyr Cove Resort is $10.00 per car, and spots are limited during the summer season. We encourage you to utilize our complimentary shuttle service if possible.
- Most travelers can participate
- Guest are required to check in 30 minutes prior to the cruise time to allow time for parking and check in.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Aramark - S&E - Dixie II
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Lake Tahoe's Emerald Bay Cruise on M.S. Dixie II.