- Explore the towns of Varenna and Bellagio around Lake Como
- See opulent villas that were once home to Italian aristocrats
- Eat lunch in a lakefront restaurant and taste olive oil, cured meats, and wine
- Lake Como boat tour lets you view lakefront properties from the water
Departure & Return
Our Tour starts in front of the Ferry Terminal Ticket Office in Varenna at 1030 am . Just look for the team with a LAKE COMO FOR YOU sign ! If you are arriving from Como, Cernobbio or Moltrasio please do get in touch with us for directions.
The tour ends in Bellagio. There are plenty of mid-lake shuttles or car ferries linking Bellagio to Varenna and other locations. The last speedboat to Como will depart at the end of our tour. Our tour guide will be happy to show you departure point.
What To Expect
Walk through Varenna's steep, narrow alleyways, learning about its Celtic origins from your local guide. Pause at a historic mill for a tasting of the locally produced olive oil, accompanied by cured meats, wine, and some Valsassina Valley cheese.
Sit down for a traditional Italian lunch at a renowned lakefront restaurant. Relax and enjoy the views while dining on a menu of appetizers sourced fresh from the lake (meat or vegetarian menu will also be available).
After lunch, step aboard a comfortable open-top Venetian water taxi for a sightseeing cruise. Get views of opulent villas, once homes to Italian aristocrats during the years of the Renaissance, Romanticism, and Belle Epoque. Snap photos of the majestic mountain backdrop and lush lakeside gardens. Disembark at Villa del Balbianello, a lavish home that has been used as a filming location for features like 'Casino Royale' and 'Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones'.
Back on the boat, continue to the verdant gardens of Villa Melzi, then walk through the streets of the elegant town of Bellagio.
Your tour ends in Bellagio, where you are free to explore further on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- Dress code is casual, comfortable shoes
- A fair amount of walking is involved. The trail to the mill for the morning tasting entails a descent with some steep steps which must also be ascended on the return trip. Please make sure you are physically adapt and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The tour runs rain or shine. In case of bad weather conditions it is possible that the tour undergoes some slight changes and that the transfer to Villa Balbianello is done using public transport and not with the private boat taxi due to safety reasons
- Please Note: hotel pickup is not included for this activity, however it will be requested at the time of booking.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We are following Italy's rules as they change. Covid restrictions in Italy are changing constantly and from May 1st they are getting loosened. We no longer ask for vaccination or tests to take our tours but suggest bringing with you a FFP2 mask in case it is needed on transports. HOWEVER, for future bookings in the fall, please inform us in case you/your clients have not had 2 doses of vaccination + booster before booking.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lake Como For You
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.