- See a side of Japan few visitors experience
- Be guided in the ways of Zen meditation by a resident Buddhist monk
- Partake in one of Japan's most important cultural traditions: A green tea ceremony
- Soak up the natural beauty of your surroundings and explore ancient temples
Departure & Return
JR Saga-Arashiyama Station, in front of the ticket gates. Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///results.cross.tempting
Randen Keifuku Arashiyama Station
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear modest, casual dress and comfortable walking shoes.
- In case of closure of the temple the tour will not run. The booking can then either be changed to an alternative date or otherwise we will partially refund the customer.
- In severe weather conditions some of the walks may be slippery in case of rain.
- We can accommodate vegetarian and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Japan
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms