Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
Departure & Return
Meeting place for ARASHIYAMA. on the sidewalk along the river side, a few meters West from the North-West end of the Togetsukyo Bridge. Meet up at JR Saga-Arashiyama can also be arranged if requested.
Go to Ichinenzaka in Higashiyama (on the cobble stone street, Nene Street, by the Kodaiji Temple and Ichinenzaka. You can search for "Ebisuya Higashiyama" on google maps for exact location)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Adult pricing applies to age 6 and over
- Children 5 years and under may sit on an adult’s lap (one child per adult)
- A maximum of 2 adults per rickshaw. Up to 2 children, 5 years and under, can ride with 2 adults (children have to ride on an adult's lap)
- While rickshaws are able to fit two adults, each rickshaw is 29.1 inches (74 centimeters) wide, and it is sometimes more comfortable to book individual rickshaws for each passenger. For passengers of size, we recommend booking a rickshaw for each participant to ensure a comfortable ride. Passengers who do not both fit in one rickshaw but wish to participate in a tour at the same time will be required to purchase an additional rickshaw, which may not be available on the date of the tour with an English-speaking guide if not booked in advance. Those customers who do not purchase an additional rickshaw at the time of booking cannot be guaranteed availability
- Please select your preferable itinerary and duration option at checkout
- Wheelchair- and stroller-friendly
- This tour can be customized depending on your interests
- Tour will run later during the listed dates below (time is subject to change, please contact the local operator for further information):
- Arashiyama: Summer hour (5/1 to 8/30) - until 6pm; Hanatouro (12/11 to 12/20) - until 8pm
- Higashiyama: Hanatouro (3/6 to 3/15) - until 9pm; Cherry blossom light-up (3/28 to 4/12) - until 9pm; Summer hour (5/1 to 8/30) - until 6pm; Autumn foliage light-up (11/14 to 12/6) - until 9pm
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Selected starting time is not automatically guaranteed. The time will be confirmed by email within 24 hours of booking.
- If a child (5 years and younger) will be using one of the two seats of the rickshaw, it must book as an adult.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ebisuya
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms