- Half-day cultural walking tour of Kyoto
- Explore Tokufuji temple's Zen garden and Gion's Geisha district
- Walk through Kyoto's infamous tori gates and spot the fox statues at the Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
In front of Central post office on the north side of Kyoto station. "Chu-o yu-bin-kyo-ku" (Central post office) is less than a minute walk from the station. Please meet in front of the door closer to the convenience store "Lawson".
What To Expect
Start your exploration by meeting your guide at Kyoto station. Begin your visit to the city’s many attractions with a stop at Tofukuji Temple, a lovely 13th century Zen temple famous as one of five great religious buildings of Kyoto. Make sure to check out the wealth of idyllic gardens located on the temple grounds of this still-operational monastery.
Continue next to Fushimi Inari Shrine, a sacred religious site situated on the outskirts of the city on a densely-forested hillside. Admire the shrine’s brilliant-red sacred gates, or torii, which you may recognize from the film Memoirs of a Geisha, and make sure to check out the site’s many smaller monuments and its fox statue.
Finish your day in Kyoto’s Gion District, renowned for the many geishas that populate its streets. Wander among the area’s traditional tea houses and eateries, and keep your eyes peeled for sightings of these elegantly-dressed women, clothed in the traditional Japanese kimono.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A moderate amount of walking is involved- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Small group tour, maximum group size is 12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: On this tour you visit many places with cultural significance, including shrines, temples, Zen Gardens and the Geisha district, which helps protect and preserve the cultural heritage of Kyoto.
- Included in the price of your tour is the entrance fee to Tofukiji, which helps maintain the site.
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Japan
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms