Explore our promoted experiences
- Culinary walking tour in Kyoto
- Cross the Kamogawa bridge, and stroll the endless terraces along the Kamo River
- Enter Gion, the home of many Geisha and traditional tea houses, and learn about this historic area
- Walk along main roads and back alleys to gain a sense of Kyoto’s special charm
- Enjoy an unforgettable Kaiseki meal
Departure & Return
Meet up point: In front of Kyoto Kanji Museum 漢検漢字博物館・図書館 Address: 551 Gionmachi Minamigawa, Higashiyama-ku, Kyōto-shi, Kyōto-fu 605-0074 〒605-0074 京都府京都市祇園町南側５５１
End point: Pontocho area
What To Expect
Head to Pontocho, an area traditionally known as a home to Geisha since the 16th century. Keep an eye out for Geisha walking between teahouses in their traditional kimonos, entertaining customers.
Next, walk to Gion, Kyoto's center of entertainment and traditional arts. The area is home to many invitation-only exclusive restaurants, tea houses, and traditional-style wooden buildings.
Once you reach your dining destination, sit down for a 10-course Kaiseki meal, during which you will learn about the Kaiseki tradition. Kaiseki typically incorporates a combination of seasonal ingredients, prepared to maximize the harmonious blend of the flavors.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Same-day Booking available
- For solo travelers, please email us
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Gluten-Free Friendly
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arigato Japan KK
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "This tour was one of our favorite memories from our Japan trip, strongly recommend for both adults and children." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews