3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Kyoto's bamboo forest is one of the city's most visited sites but you can avoid the crowds by joining the early morning bicycle tour. Enjoy the forest and temples at their most serene and also venture to a few off-the-beaten-path spots nearby.
- Avoid the crowds by visiting in the early morning
- Small-group tour (maximum 7): Ensures a personal experience
- Get insights into local culture and history from your guide
- Visit hidden spots missed by most visitors
Saved to wishlist!
Native English speaking bilingual guide
Departure & Return
Saga-Arashiyama Station , 11-1 Sagatenryūji Kurumamichichō, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto, 616-8373, JapanThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please provide heights of all guests at time of booking
- All guests will be required to sign a liability release waiver prior to the tour
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kyoto Bike Tour - The Bamboo Forest & Arashiyama
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Arashiyama Bamboo Bike Tour (Early Bird)?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Arashiyama Bamboo Bike Tour (Early Bird)?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Arashiyama Bamboo Bike Tour (Early Bird)?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Arashiyama Bamboo Bike Tour (Early Bird)?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Arashiyama Bamboo Bike Tour (Early Bird)
3 to 4 hours
5 hours 15 minutes
2 hours 10 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Mountain Bike ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingKyotoMountain Bike Tours - Kansai PrefectureHistorical Tours - Kansai PrefectureHalf-day Tours - Kansai PrefectureMountain Bike Tours - OsakaHistorical Tours - OsakaHalf-day Tours - OsakaMountain Bike Tours - IzumisanoHistorical Tours - IzumisanoHalf-day Tours - IzumisanoCategory
Chionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage TrailToei Kyoto Studio Park (Toei Uzumasa Eigamura)Uji Bridge (Uji-bashi)Kyoto StationNinna-ji TempleSaganoHimeji Castle (Himeji-Jo)Kyoto Handicraft CenterTo-ji TempleDaitoku-ji TempleYasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine)Pontocho AlleyChion-inRyoan-ji Temple & GardenKatsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)Myoshin-ji TempleNishi Hongan-ji TempleKennin-ji TempleTenryu-ji Temple