- Enjoy transport by old-fashioned horse and carriage
- Watch out for Ireland’s last native herd of red deer
- Listen to tales about O’Donoghue Mor and Oliver Cromwell
- Stop for photos at the 15th-century Ross Castle
Departure & Return
Your Killarney Jaunting Car will start from The Great Southern Hotel on the East Avenue road. This start point is located beside Killarney Train Station and Killarney Outlet Shopping centre. There is car parking in this area.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once on board, you’ll travel past St. Mary’s Cathedral, a delightful thatched cottage, and Killarney House and Gardens. Head into Killarney National Park, and travel at a relaxed pace through countryside where the modern-day traffic can’t reach.
As you go, keep an eye out for red deer; the deer park is home to the country’s last native herd. Gaze out at the lake against a backdrop of distant mountains, and see if you can make out Carrauntoohil, one of Ireland's tallest peaks.
Hear tales from your carriage driver as you pass Ross Castle, a 15th-century tower house. Owned by O’Donoghue Mor, the castle was the last to be defeated by Oliver Cromwell and the English in 1652. Stop for photos, then return to the start point in Killarney.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Killarney Jaunting Cars - Tangney Tours Ireland
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms